Monday 25 July 2011

Raspberry and Dark Chocolate Muffins (ish)

I knew these wouldn't work before I even started. However... I went ahead anyway as I'd bought the stuff to make them and I thought I would try my luck.  It's quite tricky to make muffins when you don't have a decent tray to support them in the oven and it's a sad sight watching a muffin case flatten as mixture is poured into it. If you have the required equipment I'm sure they would work quite well...they tasted nice anyways.


Raspberry and Dark Chocolate Muffins
Ingredients
250g Plain Flour
20g Baking powder
170g Light brown soft sugar
170ml Whole milk
2 Eggs
110g Soft Butter
150g Raspberries
70g Dark Chocolate, cut into chunks.


Method
Add all ingredients to a bowl, apart from the raspberries and chocolate.
Mix with an electric whisk or hand power until all ingredients are combined.
Stir in the chocolate and raspberries, gently. Don't over mix.
Spoon the mixture into muffin cases in a muffin tin (if you have one). (watch as they start to flatten, shed a tear... just me this bit then?)
Stick into a preheated oven at 200C
Bake for around 15 minutes until golden brown on top and risen.
Remove and cool on a wire rack

Enjoy

4 comments:

  1. I think they look a bit like lovely little rabpberry and chocolate flying saucers and who wouldn't like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, the recipe is damn good so i'm sure they tasted great... oh and I love the new looking blog, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, you have my sympathies with that_ I regularly experience that (in my case, crushing) disappointment when you remove a cake from a warm oven to find it resembles a flattened frisbee. But did they taste good??

    ReplyDelete
  4. @pistachio&rose i wish i had thought of that approach, may rewrite the post now and claim i've invented a new cooking style :)

    @Dom & Kate yep they tasted fine thankfully so all was not lost

    ReplyDelete